Home / All articles / Environmental management / Resource efficiency, waste Resource efficiency, waste page 1 of 97
965 articles are classified in All articles > Environmental management > Resource efficiency, waste
Published: 25 March 2019 12:41pm
In a decision with multi-million dollar ramifications for companies including AGL, the federal government has signalled it won't allow projects that generate electricity from landfill gas to earn carbon credits for more than seven years.
Published: 21 March 2019 1:35pm
The administrator of Australia's used tyre stewardship scheme has warned it will suspend businesses that export tyres to unsafe and unsuitable destinations, after an audit identified serious problems.
Published: 18 March 2019 3:54pm
* Costly clean-up looms, as waste site owner goes into liquidation
* Three carbon credit methods to be consolidated
* NSW Coalition pledges extra $30 million for clean energy
Published: 18 March 2019 12:45pm
A new state grant scheme will support the conversion of industrial, agricultural and household waste into biofuels, electricity, and substitutes for petroleum-based plastic.
Published: 15 March 2019 2:39pm
* Councils warn of major deficiencies in solar farm guidance
* WA parliament passes container deposit bills
* Recycling associations merge
Published: 12 March 2019 4:13pm
A metropolitan council has issued a planning permit for a facility that would gasify up to 600 tonnes of kerbside-collected mixed waste each day.
Published: 12 March 2019 3:03pm
The Victorian government has shed light on its plans to reduce plastic pollution, while the Greens have urged it to spend more landfill levy revenue on waste management, during debate on a new inquiry.
Published: 12 March 2019 2:02pm
A director of a deregistered waste company has been ordered to pay $58,250, over the same illegal facility that last year led to a $37,500 fine for the company's site manager.
Published: 11 March 2019 12:04pm
NSW Labor would make changes on single-use plastics, environmental licensing, waste-to-energy, biodiversity and air quality, party leader Michael Daley has pledged.
Published: 08 March 2019 4:22pm
* Australian Paper reveals $8m+ waste-to-energy approval costs
* Queensland seeks advice on world-first natural resources register
* No new ERF projects approved for six weeks