Home / All articles / Environmental management / Chemicals Chemicals page 1 of 13
121 articles are classified in All articles > Environmental management > Chemicals
Published: 13 March 2019 3:30pm
In a move that shows even small amounts of PFAS can trigger regulatory intervention, the NSW EPA has issued a prevention notice to Cleanaway over waste accepted at its Kooragang Island treatment facility.
Published: 08 March 2019 1:24pm
Environmental regulators have provided detailed advice for water utilities on accepting trade waste and using biosolids, in a proposed update of the national PFAS management plan.
Published: 26 February 2019 2:43pm
* Firefighters launch world-first PFAS study
* Suez and Unilever win NSW waste grants
* Councils urge national recycled-content accreditation scheme
Published: 19 February 2019 12:46pm
Australia's NICNAS industrial chemical assessment scheme will be replaced in mid-2020, after the House of Representatives yesterday endorsed Senate-amended bills establishing a new regime.
Published: 15 February 2019 4:13pm
Procedures for assessing new industrial chemicals are poised to change significantly next year, after the Senate yesterday passed bills that replace the NICNAS scheme with a new regime.
Published: 04 February 2019 2:15pm
* Company ignores order to pay EPA $4.5m
* Labor and Coalition back regulator's 'robust' glyphosate review
* Approval sought for construction waste recycling facility
Published: 30 January 2019 1:00pm
Australia should mandate more stringent carbon controls on companies and vehicles, and strengthen policies on biodiversity, waste and chemicals, according to the OECD.
Published: 22 January 2019 4:39pm
* ACCC seeks views on waste company's divestment offer
* Canberra and NSW aim to revise EPBC bilateral agreement
* State agency plans hazardous materials audit
Published: 15 January 2019 2:36pm
* Chemical scheme changes won't start till mid-2020
* Defence spends $100m on PFAS remediation
* Cleanaway approved to export more hazardous waste
Published: 19 December 2018 4:43pm
* Resources ministers to boost environmental data-sharing
* Plans to give minister more discretion in agvet chemical decisions
* Agribusiness to install more than 5MW of solar