Home / All articles / Environmental management / Chemicals Chemicals page 1 of 14
135 articles are classified in All articles > Environmental management > Chemicals
Published: 15 October 2019 3:46pm
Millions of tonnes of hazardous waste are stockpiled around Australia and a new federal report questions whether the entities responsible will always have to pay the cost of clean-up.
Published: 14 October 2019 12:10pm
* EPA issues guidance on PFAS in leachate and soils
* New WA air guidance for approval and licence applications
* Water pollution costs council $105,000
Published: 07 October 2019 2:46pm
The amount of hazardous waste generated in Australia has increased by more than a third in just three years, and there aren't adequate safety checks on biosolids applied to land, warns a new federal report.
Published: 24 September 2019 1:38pm
Six years after committing to a global treaty to phase-out mercury, the federal government is yet to launch a parliamentary inquiry to enable ratification.
Published: 09 September 2019 4:31pm
* Victorian sustainability award finalists named
* Morrison government launches agvet chemicals review
* Gupta's SIMEC Zen backs big retailer bulk power buy
Published: 27 August 2019 3:24pm
Prompted by the discovery of high-risk chemical waste stockpiles, the Victorian government will today introduce a dangerous goods bill with a new maximum penalty of $6.4 million.
Published: 22 July 2019 11:52am
Removing PFAS from landfill leachate is expensive, and water utilities lack a consistent approach to accepting discharges to sewer, says a leading waste industry association.
Published: 16 July 2019 3:15pm
Defence is doing 'good work' to reduce the impacts of PFAS on the town of Katherine, but it is in the council's interests to remain part of a class action against it, councillors have been advised.
Published: 09 July 2019 4:33pm
* Woodside to provide detailed report on project emissions
* Australia's Paris overshoot on course to be almost 1bn tonnes
* Illegally accepting industrial waste costs mining company $400,000
* 'Full compliance' with state PFAS policy now required
Published: 20 May 2019 3:30pm
The Coalition will have an unprecedented opportunity to put its stamp on national environmental laws and schemes, due to a host of reviews that are either imminent or already under way.