Home / All articles / Environmental management / Biodiversity, EPBC Act Biodiversity, EPBC Act page 1 of 74
735 articles are classified in All articles > Environmental management > Biodiversity, EPBC Act
Published: 20 May 2019 3:30pm
The Coalition will have an unprecedented opportunity to put its stamp on national environmental laws and schemes, due to a host of reviews that are either imminent or already under way.
Published: 17 May 2019 4:33pm
A gold mining company has lost an appeal in which it sought to clear threatened vegetation for a new pit that would have a 20-months production life.
Published: 07 May 2019 2:53pm
Governments around the world should strengthen their enforcement of environmental regulations and should also consider ways to incentivise business to encourage responsible environmental management, according to a landmark global report, released overnight.
Published: 07 May 2019 12:54pm
Unprecedented clean-up standards set for Rio Tinto's Ranger uranium mine will focus global attention on the company and how successful it is in rehabilitating the site, according to a new report.
Published: 06 May 2019 9:17am
A Labor government would establish a $100 million native species fund, and a returned Morrison government would order the Clean Energy Finance Corporation to invest $100 million in the recycling industry.
Published: 16 April 2019 1:16pm
The Full Federal Court has rejected the Minister of Environment and Energy's interpretation of a key EPBC Act provision, but hasn't granted environmental activists the relief they sought.
Published: 08 April 2019 2:52pm
* Queensland Parliament backs pollution notification bill
* Bill must heed biodiversity collapse and climate change, warns SA Labor
* Queensland names first carbon farming grant recipients
Published: 27 March 2019 3:58pm
* New scheme under way to certify on-farm biodiversity protection
* Rules for earning carbon credits from transport projects under review
* Hazwaste permit granted to export fire-damaged bulk carrier
Published: 25 March 2019 2:00pm
Victoria's top sustainability advisor has warned that the state's biodiversity is in decline on multiple fronts, in a new 'state of the environment' report.
Published: 22 March 2019 4:05pm
* NSW legislative changes needed after climate ruling, says EDO
* New landscapes bill creates 'Green Adelaide' board
* Building regulations need review: Green Cross