Home / All articles / Carbon news / Adaptation, science Adaptation, science page 1 of 35
350 articles are classified in All articles > Carbon news > Adaptation, science
Published: 25 March 2019 2:00pm
Victoria's top sustainability advisor has warned that the state's biodiversity is in decline on multiple fronts, in a new 'state of the environment' report.
Published: 04 March 2019 3:52pm
Proponents will have to buy water quality offsets if their developments increase sediment or nutrient levels in Great Barrier Reef catchments, under a new Queensland bill.
Published: 08 February 2019 4:21pm
* Company and director fined $72,000 for waste offences
* Agriculture ministers to hold climate change summit
* New study quantifies energy efficiency workforce
Published: 31 January 2019 4:34pm
A Royal Commission has accused the Murray-Darling Basin Authority of unlawfully ignoring climate change and recommended more water buybacks for the environment.
Published: 08 October 2018 2:04pm
Limiting warming to no more than 1.5 degrees would have far-reaching benefits that won't arise if the planet warms by two degrees, according to a report released today by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Published: 11 September 2018 1:35pm
* State raises concerns about low-quality NPI data
* $100 million waste grant scheme open for applications
* State government promises 10,000 half-price batteries
* Councils win climate adaptation grants
Published: 14 August 2018 2:07pm
Labor and the Greens have called for coastal retreat strategies, post-construction risk reviews of infrastructure, and liability exemptions for councils, in a new Senate climate change report.
Published: 06 August 2018 4:24pm
* Waste company seeks approval for $11 million biodigester
* Victoria to review sea-level rise planning benchmarks
* Nominations open for sustainable infrastructure awards
Published: 17 January 2018 4:03pm
The Victorian government plans to repeal existing Crown Land legislation and replace it with a new protected areas law that takes better account of climate change and biodiversity loss.
Published: 11 December 2017 4:49pm
* Liddell closure makes sense even without climate risk: AGL
* Frydenberg names new Threatened Species Commissioner
* Australia way off target in cutting emissions, says new analysis